I got the idea in my head that making mosaic trivets with my sons first grade class is a great idea. I have never even attempted mosaic trivets before so I decided a test run was in order.
I did some online research and realized the materials don't have to be quite as specific as I had originally thought.That was a relief! For the class project I ordered 6"x6" masonite fiber boards. These are VERY inexpensive and a great solution to keep the cost down. For my test run I used a ceramic tile that I had left over from another project. I drew a very basic image on the base tile with a dry erase marker. Once I got going on laying the tiles I realized that the less detail, the better. That is why there water lines are not in the final piece.Over all I think this test run was a success! I'll be sure to post some of the kids work when I get it.